Tuesday 22 April 2014

Art Deco Lady

I am so excited about this project! I made this set for my SIL's birthday. It took AGES to make but I am really happy with how it turned out!

**Please excuse the picture-heavy post! It was a hard set to photograph as well, so I do apologise for the poor quality in the final photo.

First up we have this little gift bag. I am in LOVE with this tutorial! It's a great way to use up papers, and is so easy to make! You can find the video for it HERE

The stamp I have used is Art Deco lady with fan by Crafts and Me, coloured monochromatically using Copic markers and X-Press It cardstock.

I'm fairly sure the papers for the bag were Echo Park. I have used a Martha Stewart edge punch to create the butterfly edging. Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Butterfly and Tattered Florals dies, Magnolia Doohickey Tilda Lace, Spellbinders Floral Ovals and Classic Large Ovals dies, and a Cheery Lynn doily die. I've used pink grosgrain ribbon and basic twill ribbon. I've also used liquid pearls in the butterflies, and some fran-tage powder. I have also lightly distressed the edge around the image, using my Tim Holtz distressing tool, and finished off with a Tim Holtz ticket for the sentiment.

Phew! Did you follow all that?!



 
 
Right! Onto the card now:
 
 
Cardstock is Bazzill, papers are Kaisercraft, all edges have been lightly distressed using my Tim Holtz Distressing tool, again, Spellbinders Floral Ovals and Large Classic Ovals have been used. Again, Copic markers and X-Press It cardstock are used to colour the image. Basic pearls are in the corners. The sentiment is a newbie from Stampin'  Up! and the punch is also Stampin'  Up!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the set
 
 
 
These are the challenges I would like to enter:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! I hope to have more projects later in the week :)




4 comments:

  1. Great set of card and bag. Very stylish and gentle.
    Thank you for participating in our challenge at Creative Card Crew.
    Adriana DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant set. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Good luck, Joanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous set Thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous creation, love the lush colours.
    Thank you also for joining us at Bunny Zoes, hope you will join us for our new challenge.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete