Saturday 2 February 2013

Love

This card is for a friend's engagement party which I'm hoping to attend (if I can waddle my pregnant self along :) ) It is a bit more pink than I had planned, but I'm really happy with how it turned out! Butterflies are my favourite animal (next to dragonflies), as they symbolise new beginnings, so it made a perfect choice for this theme.

Front of the card:

 
 
Inside the card:
 


 
I used a Twiddlybitz card base for my card, with some Bazzill cardstock, and Kaiseraft Sweet Nothings DSP for both outside and inside my card. I have just matted the butterfly onto the card, but the sentiment has been mounted using foam tape, to add some dimension.
 
The stamp sets are Stampin' Up! (retired) Strength, Hope, Love set, and You are Loved, both inked up with Regal Rose. The sentiment is punched out with the Modern Label Punch. The sentiment inside the card isn't labelled, so I have no idea what brand it is, but I suspect possibly Hero Arts, or Stamp-It Australia.
 
I have finished off with some lovely pink organza ribbon and a Christina Re silver buckle, which is from the leftovers I used to make my wedding invitations a few years ago. I love these buckles, but save them for special cards :)
 
MY TOP TIP: I have found in the past, that my cards topple over quite easily as they are top-heavy. So to combat this, I have started to matt some cardstock and DSP inside the card to evenly distribute the weight. I have also found that it gives a smoother writing surface when writing your greeting in the card, and also uses up DSP that may be too plain or light to use on the front of a card. If you have any DSP that is single-sided that you aren't keen on, you can always turn it over to the white side, and use that, or distress ink around the edges to co-ordinate it with your colour scheme.
 
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! :)
 
 


3 comments:

  1. A very pretty card and a great tip too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I'm sure your friend will love it.

    Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess! This is Mari, the owner of Creative Card Crew. I would appreciate it if you could e-mail me at mariharpham@hotmail.com about the DT position.

    Sorry to contact you this way, but I can't find an e-mail address on your site.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete